Windows 2000 & Windows 2003 DNS Server Dynamic DNS update functionality enables DNS client computers to register and to dynamically update their resource records with a DNS server whenever changes occur. This reduces the requirement for manual administration of zone records, especially for clients that frequently move and use Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) to obtain an IP address.
To enable dynamic updates.
1. Start – Programs – Administrative Tools
2. Click DNS, right-click the zone for which you want dynamic updates enabled, and select Properties.
3. In the General tab select one of the following options under “Dynamic Updates”:
Yes – To accept Dynamic DNS updates.
Secure Only – Only for the zone that is integrated in Active Directory which allows use of secured dynamic updates of DNS records only to authenticated users and computers.
No – Dynamic DNS update is disabled.
Incoming search terms:
- unauthenticated dynamic dns updates allow dns poisoning vulnerability (33)
- ddns windows (3)
- windows 2008 dns dynamic updates (2)
- how to get dynamique to window 2003 server DNS (1)
- how to enabled DDNS on windows server (1)
- enable dynamic update dns 2008 (1)
- Enable Dynamic DNS (1)
- enable ddns (1)
- Dynamic Updates RFC36541 authenticated users (1)
- dynamic updates dns windows 2003 automatic (1)