Unless you use a command-line utility like Cipher.exe, it’s difficult to see at a glance which files are encrypted and which are not. Right-clicking each file and then choosing Properties, General, Advanced (followed by Cancel, Cancel) is tedious.
In Windows Explorer, use Details view.
- Open a folder containing the encrypted files.
- On the View menu, choose Details, and then select Attributes.
Encrypted files show a letter E in the Attributes column. You can also set an option so that the names of encrypted files appear in a different color from other file names.
- On the Tools menu, choose Folder Options, click the View tab, and select Show Encrypted Or Compressed NTFS Files In Color.
Incoming search terms:
- find encrypted files xp (6)
- how to find encrypted files (4)
- how to find encrypted files on windows xp (4)
- find encrypted files (3)
- search windows 7 for encrypted files (1)
- search for encrypted files windows (1)
- search for encrypted files (1)
- detect encrypted windows xp (1)
- find encrypted ms office (1)
- Find encrypted files in windows Xp (1)