There are 2 ways one can do it, the quick and dirty copy/paste of the bookmark file or by using the “Bookmarks – Organize Bookmarks” menu.
Quick & Dirty
There is a file called Bookmarks.html under your Firefox profile directory. Simply copy the file as a backup or if you want to update the bookmarks elsewhere on a different PC, simply copy this file over to the Firefox profile directory on that machine and that’s it. The daily bookmark backups are under “bookmarkbackups” under the profile directory. The file format is bookmarks-<year>-<month>-<date>.json. For example, a backup from 29th July 2009 would be bookmarks-2009-07-29.json
The Firefox Profile directory is under
To access the profiles directory,
Click Start – Run and type “%APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\“. Under this directory, there will a directory name of some random letters (if there are more than one Firefox profile then multiple directories would be found). Open this directories to find the bookmarks.html file or your bookmarks backup.
From Bookmarks menu
Click “Bookmarks – Organize Bookmarks” menu and click “Import and Backup“. Here you can create a new backup or restore from a previous backup or a HTML file. You can use the .json files to import on any other machine as well to import into that systems Firefox bookmarks.
Incoming search terms:
- how to backup firefox bookmarks windows 7 (7)
- backup firefox bookmarks windows 7 (7)
- back up bookmarks in windows 7 (3)
- json bookmarks firefox (2)
- backing up firefox bookmarks in windows 7 (2)
- json bookmarks (2)
- how to back up firefox bookmarks Windows 7 (2)
- how to restore bookmarks windows 7 (1)
- how to restore bookmark in windows 7 (1)
- how to restore json files windows 7 (1)