When was the last time you were in control of your Internet? Well, you can now be with BlockSite addon for Firefox. Blocksite is an extension, which automagically blocks websites of your choice. Additionally, this extension will disable all hyperlinks to these websites, by just displaying the link text without the clicking functionality.
While not a great security tool or a feature rich utility, it is certainly a lightweight user plugin to simply block websites you do not want to access. This addon works on Firefox 2.x and lets hope there is a version for 3.x comes out in time when Firefox 3 releases.
The options can be accessed from Tools – Addons – BlockSite and is very straight forward to add the websites. You can password protect this feature as well.
To install simply open Firefox and visit the following URL and click “Add to Firefox”.
Here I’ve blocked google.com for test and you can see the results.
Incoming search terms:
- blocksite (7)
- blocksite addon (4)
- блок сайт для firefox (2)
- blocksite firefox (2)
- how to use blocksite addon firefox (2)
- how does the blocksite addon work (1)
- how to open unblock websites with firefox addons (1)
- how to use block site on firefox (1)
- siteblock for firefox (1)
- What is the best Website blocking addon for Firefox (1)