In Vista with the latest Firefox update, You might have noticed a problem when opening URLs in applications like Outlook or even the Windows Sidebar. you will get a popup like this below
If you want to fix this error follow this procedure
Go to start>run type regedit click ok
Now you need to navigate the following key from left pane
Now you need to Double click on the Default REG_SZ registry value from right hand side, which should have a value of “”%1″,,0,0,,,,”. Delete that value and leave it blank.
Close and exit registry editor
Now you should be able to open links from outlook in firefox without any problem.
For Windows XP and Windows 2000 User
Open Windows Explorer (or My Computer).
Go to Tools -> Folder Options -> File Types
Select Extension: “(NONE)” File Type: “URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol”
Click “Advanced”. In the “Edit File Type” window, select “open” and click “Edit”
Uncheck “Use DDE” (the dialog should then hide the lower part).
Click OK for that dialog and the next one (afterwards, the “Use DDE” box is still checked but the “DDE Message” box will be cleared)
Repeat for Extension: “(NONE)” File Type: “URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol with Privacy” (and any other protocols you want to fix)
Repeat for Extension: “(NONE)” File Type: “Firefox URL”
Repeat for Extension: “HTM” (or “HTML”) File Type: “Firefox Document”
Incoming search terms:
- what is general failer url on computer (6)
- манчестер юнайтед (5)
- url failure (3)
- general failure the url was outlook 2007 application not found windows7 (2)
- how can i fix this The requested URL /plugins/FarmvilleBot_Dynamic_ver5/index php was not found on this server (2)
- outlook general failure the url was windows 7 (2)
- How to Fix URL Errors (2)
- url fix vista (2)
- general failure the url was (2)
- links are not working in outlook 2010 it gives error general failure error (2)