AutoVer is a configurable automatic or real time backup and personal versioning system. It can be used as a simple real time backup or as a more complex, but transparent version control system (like a realtime incremental backup). The beauty of this system is that once you set it up (which is extremely simple) it does everything. No remembering to backup or to check in or check out files. Every time you save a file it is copied to your backup folder or drive. You can include and exclude certain files and browse the backups with the Backup Explorer.
Great for backing up (or one way syncronising) your work or home documents to flash memory or saving every change you make to your source code or image files.
- Select any number of separate folders or folder trees (including sub folders) to watch for changes – each folder tree has its own independent settings
- Select straight backup or versioning mode
- Select any folder or drive to backup to (including memory sticks)
- Optionally create an initial backup before the automatic backup starts and ensure it is current on every startup
- Restrict which files and folders to include and exclude (by file mask) & maximum size
- Change the versioning datetime stamp format (and you can use this to restrict the rate of which the versions are stored)
- Optionally zip or delete old versions after a specified time
- Optionally delete backup files on original file deletion
- Fault tolerance in case your backup folder/drive goes off line or source files are locked. USB & Firewire drives sync’ed when they come online
- MS Office, Visual Studio plus many others supported (temp file creation, delete then rename is treated as original file change)
- Backup file & version explorer included
- Open backups or file versions directly (file extensions are preserved) or via inbuilt explorer
- Compare file versions (using customisable external application)
- Restore file versions via inbuilt explorer or manually
- Runs discretely in the Windows System Tray.
Download from here