BleachBit quickly frees disk space and tirelessly guards your privacy. Free cache, delete cookies, clear Internet history, shred temporary files, delete logs, and discard junk you didn’t know was there. Designed for Linux and Windows systems, it wipes clean 90 applications including Firefox, Internet Explorer, Adobe Flash, Google Chrome, Opera, Safari,and more. Beyond simply deleting files, BleachBit includes advanced features such as shredding files to prevent recovery, wiping free disk space to hide traces of files deleted by other applications, and vacuuming Firefox to make it faster. Better than free, BleachBit is open source.
BleachBit has many useful features designed to help you easily clean your computer to free space and maintain privacy.
* Simple operation: read the descriptions, check the boxes you want, click preview, and click delete.
* Multi-platform: Linux and Windows
* Free of charge
* Free to share, learn, and modify (open source)
* Free of adware, spyware, and malware
* Translated to 41 languages: Arabic, Asturian, Belarusian, Brazilian Portuguese, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Faroese, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Kurdish, Low German, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Tamil, Thai and Turkish.
* Shred files to hide their contents and prevent data recovery
* Shred any file (such as a spreadsheet on your desktop)
* Overwrite free disk space to hide previously deleted files
* Portable app for Windows: run without installation
* Command line interface for scripting and automation
* CleanerML allows anyone to write a new cleaner using XML
* Frequent software updates with new features
Use BleachBit to:
* Free disk space
* Reduce the size of backups and the time to create them by removing unnecessary files
* Maintain privacy
* Improve system performance (by vacuuming the Firefox database, for example)
* Prepare whole disk images for compression (common for “ghost” backups and virtual machines) by wiping free disk space
Going beyond standard deletion of files, BleachBit has several advanced cleaners:
* Clear the memory and swap on Linux
* Delete broken shortcuts on Linux
* Delete the Firefox version 3 URL history without deleting the whole file—with optional shredding
* Delete Linux localizations: delete languages you don’t use. More powerful than localepurge and available on more Linux distributions.
* Clean APT for Debian, Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu, and Linux Mint
* Find widely-scatted junk such as Thumbs.db and .DS_Store files.
* Execute yum clean for CentOS, Fedora, and Red Hat to remove cached package data
* Delete Windows registry keys—often where MRU (most recently used) lists are stored
* Delete the OpenOffice.org recent documents list without deleting the whole Common.xcu file
* Overwrite free disk space to hide previously files
* Vacuum Firefox, Google, Liferea, Thunderbird, and Yum databases: shrink files without removing data to save space and improve speed
* Surgically remove private information from .ini configuration files with deleting the whole file
Download bleachbit from here