The Directory Service Comparison Tool makes use of Active Directory and Active Directory snapshots to enable the following functionality:
* Display differences between objects in Active Directory and Active Directory Snapshots
* Restore attribute values from snapshots to Active Directory
* Reanimate deleted objects
* Group membership restore
Display differences in group membership for a selected object (users, computers and groups). Allows for full or selective restore of group membership at any time.
* Active Directory audit integration
Retrieve relevant AD audit event log entries for a specific object from all domain controllers in a domain. Filtering options allow you to find and inspect attribute specific event log entries.
1. Start MMC and add the Directory Service Comparison Tool via the Add/Remove Snap-in dialog.
2. Open the Connection Settings dialog and connect to your DC and snapshot. Don’t forget to specify the portnumber for the snapshot host. No objects will be displayed in DSCT unless differences are detected between the DC and the snapshot.
3. Click the Resync button if you have just modified an object in Active Directory and want to compare it to it’s former state in the snapshot.
* .NET 3.5 or higher
* MMC 3.0
* Data sources: Active Directory and a mounted Active Directory Snapshot on Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 R2
* Active Directory audit integration: domain controllers must be Windows Server 2008 (R2 supported). Active Directory auditing must be enabled. RODCs and domain controllers running on older operating systems will be ignored.
* DSCT does not have to be installed on a domain controller nor does it have to be installed on a domain joined machined. A functional DNS infrastructure is recommended.
* DSCT can be installed and run on Windows Server 2008, Windows XP SP3 (audititing feature not supported) and most likely Windows Vista (not tested yet)
Download Directory Service Comparison Tool from here