DirSync Pro (Directory Synchronize Pro) is a small, but powerful utility for file and folder synchronization. DirSync Pro can be used to synchronize the content of one or many folders recursively.
Using DirSync Pro you can make incremental backups. In this way you’ll spare lots of time because you don’t have to copy all the files each time you want to update your backup; only new/modified/larger files would be copied.
Use DirSync Pro to easily synchronize files from your desktop PC to your USB-stick (PDA, Notebook, …). Use this USB-stick (PDA, Notebook, …) to synchronize files to another desktop PC.
Unlike many other synchronization software, DirSync Pro is Open Source; it is 100% free of charge, 100% free of commercial text, 100% free of advertisements and 100% free of spyware. You can use it as long as you like, without any limitations in time or funcationality. You can freely distribute it according to GPL3.
DirSync Pro is programmed completely in platform independent Java™ so it can be run under nearly every modern operating system including Windows™, Linux™ and Macintosh™.
DirSync Pro has a user-friendly User Interface which helps you configure many options to your needs. You can use DirSync Pro alsoo trough the command line which makes it very flexible for running in batches.
DirSync Pro Features
- Powerful synchronization algorithm.
- Bidirectional (Two way) and Unidirectional (One way) synchronization mode.
- Option for various behavior of conflict resolution for Bidirectional Synchronization.
- Synchronizes unlimited number of folders.
- Large number of options to change the synchronization behavior.
- Option to synchonise subdirectories recursively.
- Synchronizes files/folders any file system (FAT, FAT16, FAT32, NTFS, WinFS, UDF, Ext2, Ext3, …).
- Synchronizes files from/to network drives
- Synchronizes files from/to any mounted devices (Harddisks, USB-Sticks, Memory cards, External drives, CD/DVD’s, …).
- Synchronization could be used for making incremental backups.
- Option to create up to 50 backups from the modified/changed files before synchronization.
- Option to define a backup folder.
- Option for handling symbolic links.
- Option for handling time-stamps.
- Easy, clear and user-friendly graphical user interface, no unnecessary gadget you never use.
- Runs on every modern operating system including Windows™, Linux™ and Macintosh™
- It is Portable! It does not need any installation. Just run the application!
- Open source, it is 100% free of charge, 100% free of commercial text, 100% free of advertisements and 100% free of spyware.
- No time/function limitations
- Uses no local database, so no overhead
- Does not need any installation. Just download and run it. You can put it on you USB-stick en you can run it on any computer/any platform.
- Advaned logging/reporting facilities. Just select a log level and define where to write the log.
- Option to log on application level (default log)
- Option to log on each directory level (dir log)
- Option to define the log leven (how much to log)
Download DirSync Pro from here