The IIS Diagnostics Toolkit puts the most useful and current tools that IIS administrators and developers desire. The toolkit includes the following tools in one consolidated, easy to deploy download:
• SSL Diagnostics 1.1: Diagnoses problems related to Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) issues such as missing certificate private keys, incorrect IIS metabase bindings, or other common problems related to SSL failures.
• Authentication and Access Control Diagnostics (AuthDiag) 1.0: Diagnose, check, and monitor permission or security problems for Web and FTP requests.
• Exchange Server SMTP Diagnostics 1.0: Gathers data for your SMTP server that helps diagnose problems with DNS or other possible important SMTP failures.
• Log Parser 2.2: Sifts through thousands of event viewer, IIS log files, Netmon captures, and various other log types.
• WFetch 1.4: If you are concerned that the problem resides in your browser, then this is the tool for you. A graphical user-interface allows you to make a request to local or remote websites and see the raw HTTP request and response to diagnose problems.
• Trace Diagnostics 1.0: Service Pack 1 for Windows Server 2003 has very detailed diagnostics information built in. With Trace Diagnostics, you can effectively use these diagnostics built-in by monitoring the requests to an IIS web server in real-time, or, follow a request throughout the IIS processing pipeline to find failures.
Important: Trace Diagnostics includes IIS Request Monitor, Request Viewer, and IIS Trace which requires Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1 or later (includes Windows Server 2003 R2.)
• Debug Diagnostics 1.0: The very much anticipated debugging tool aimed at reducing the time to solution for IIS web applications failures such as crashes, hangs, or memory leaks. Debug Diagnostics 1.0 offers user both a user-interface, command-line, and for developers an extensibility model aimed at reducing the time to resolve complex web application failures.
The tools featured in this toolkit will help solve problems with your IIS servers in the following areas:
DNS configuration failures
SMTP relay problems
HTTP Request & Responses
Site log files
HTTP error logs
Event viewer access
The main benefit to a consolidated toolkit is easy of deployment of a suite of tools. This toolkit can enhance your readiness when and if a problem occurs with your Windows and IIS servers.
The combined toolkit can also install just a custom, specified number of applications rather than the entire toolkit.
The primary benefit to the IIS Diagnostics Toolkit over individual packages are the following:
Simplifies deployment to mutiple production servers
Supports multiple versions of IIS, including IIS 4, 5, 5.1, and 6.0
The IIS Diagnostics Toolkit supports the following Windows operating systems:
The Diagnostics toolkit works on any 32-bit version including:
Windows NT 4.0 (reduce feature set availble for most tools)
Windows 2000 Server
Windows XP Professional
Windows Server 2003
Windows Server 2003 R2
When installing on 64-bit Windows, some tools support 64-bit while others install 32-bit versions (for WoW support)
Download Internet Information Services (IIS) Diagnostic Tools from here