This PowerToy gives you access to system settings that are not exposed in the Windows XP/2003 default user interface, including mouse settings, Explorer settings, taskbar settings, and more.
- Optimize Hard Disk when idle – allows Windows to rearrange files on the hard disk to improve performance when the disk is not in use.
- Alt+Tab – control the size of the window that appears when you press Alt+Tab.
- Show “Encrypt” on context menu – will add to option to encrypt/decrypt file(s)/folder(s) to the right-click menu.
- Use intuitive filename sorting – when enabled, Explorer will sort files so that, for example, File 5 comes before File 10. Disabled, Explorer will use literal sorting, in which case File 10 will come before File 5, because 1 comes before 5 (literal sorting used to be Windows default behaviour before Windows XP).
- Use Tab to navigate AutoComplete – when enabled, you can use the Tab key to move focus to the next item in an AutoComplete list, when such a list is displayed.
- Customizations – explorer remembers only a limited number of folder customizations, you can increase that number.
- Slide Show – here you can set the time each picture will remain on the screen when you play a slide show in Windows Picture and Fax viewer.
- Common Dialogs:
- Enable AutoComplete – enable/disable AutoComplete in the “File name” edit box.
- Taskbar and Start menu:
- Show name on Start menu – remove or show your name at the top of the Start menu.
- Show taskbar notification icons – here you can hide all notification icons on the taskbar.
- My Computer:
- Drives – show/hide drives in Explorer
- Special Folders – relocate special Explorer folders (such as CD Burning, My Documents).
- AutoPlay – customize AutoPlay options for drives, types, and choose/edit the “handler”.
- Drive Letters * – select how drive letters should appear in My Computer.
- Internet Explorer:
- Autocorrect backslashes to slashes – typing http:\\ will be corrected to http:// when enabled.
- Include path search in address bar – when you type a string into the Address bar, the local system will also be searched for it.
- Small Animation and Large Animation – lets you change the spinning animation in Internet Explorer.
- Image Toolbar – set the minimum size an image has to be before the image toolbar will appear.
- Keep RAS connections after logoff – keep active RAS connections active when logging off.
- Screen Saver – allows you to set a “grace period”, which is the time that the screen saver will not prompt you for a password when dismissed.
- Access Control:
- Control various aspects of access permissions across the system and network.
* this Drive Letters section is mixed up as follows:
- Show all drive letters before the label is in fact Show network drive letters before the label, and show local drive letters after the label
- Show network drive letters before the label, and show local drive letters after the label is in fact Never show drive letters
- Never show drive letters is in fact Show all drive letters before the label
Download TweakUI From here