DVDStyler is a cross-platform free DVD authoring application for the creation of professional-looking DVDs. It allows not only burning of video files on DVD that can be played practically on any standalone DVD player, but also creation of individually designed DVD menus. It is Open Source Software and is completely free.
- create and burn DVD (ISO images as well) videos and photo slideshows with interactive menus
- design your own DVD menu or select one from the list of ready to use menu templates
- support of AVI, MOV, MP4, MPEG, OGG, WMV, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, DivX, Xvid, MP2, MP3, AC-3 and other audio and video formats
- add multiple subtitle and audio tracks
- support of multi-core processor
- use MPEG and VOB files without reencoding
- Different audio/video format on one DVD (support of titleset)
- user-friendly interface with support of drag & drop
- flexible menu creation on the basis of scalable vector graphic
- import of image file for background
- Place buttons, text, images and other graphic objects anywhere on the menu screen
- change the font/color and other parameters of buttons and graphic objects, scale any button or graphic object
- copy any menu object or whole menu
- customize navigation using DVD scripting
The software is simple and very is easy to use. Once installed and you launch the software, you will be prompted with the Create a New DVD menu. Set the disc label, and choose the disk size if not the default 4.7GB (incase of Double-layer DVDs its 8.5GB). Set the Video quality to upto 8M or leave it to auto for the software to choose the best. Set the Video format (PAL/NTSC). If you are in UK, Europe or most asian countries it will be PAL,if in America it should be NTSC. Set the aspect ratio and Audio format or opt the defaults.
Once done, your new project is created and you can set the background of your menus, set different menus and add file(s). Double-click or right-click – properties to set options like colour, background image etc. You can do stuff like adding buttons and point it to a particular title or chapter, set a text for the buttons you added etc. Drag and drop is fully supported.
To create a photo slide show, click DVD – Add – File menu and select “Image Files” and select all required image files. This creates a slideshow for you.
To add more files, files as seperate chapters, click the red Burn icon to create a DVD or an ISO image. You can preview the video before you creating your final DVD or image file.
Overall, DVDStyler software is yet another cool opensource software which just does what it says on the tin. Click here to visit the project homepage and download the software.