The backup software is truly fully featured and very easy to understand for any user with any expertise level. Tne GUI compliments the simplicity of the software by making the backup options quite obvious for the users.
Some of the highlighting features include,
- Support backups to Disk, CD/DVDs (splitting files to fit the media size), Network storage, FTP or email
- Support backups to a single Backup file (and self-extracting), ISO, ZIP, Sync copy and simple copy.
- Mount options for ISO and Comodo backup file format as a seperate drive
- Encryption of the backup data
- Backup disk, MBR, Partition, Registry, Files, User profiles, Email, IM conversations and system state
- Password protection of settings and the export config settings.
- Full, Incremental and Differential Backups
- Macros support to format the backup file names
- Schedule manager with great flexibility on missed backup sessions
- Default backup templates good enough for any user to start using out of the box
- Customize various backup job to ones needs
The feature that impressed me the most is the fact that you can mount your backup file (comodo backup format) and the ISO backup as a seperate drive and choose the file you want to restore. You can choose the from within the software GUI or from the explorer window. This to me is feature in a different league.
The various different options on the type of the backup format, or the restore options are hidden under the advanced mode meaning a simple user wouldn’t be presented with options he wouldn’t be able to understand. But, the same time presenting what anyone can understand and good enough to backup and restore critical data is real good.
Given the big I/O on the disks and not an unreasonable amount of system memory and cpu used to perform the backups, the system was fairly stable to use while the backups happened. You may choose the backup time or set at boot or when the system is less used. This compliments the light weight nature of the software.
When I ventured into getting my Windows 7 backup feature setup, it was tedious and difficult and it happened for good as I found Comodo to be a useful software which Microsoft could have easily incorporated into its native OS.
Overall a great backup software with no room for any complaints.
Click here to visit and download Comodo backup software and if interested in the Online backup option, you will find more details.
Incoming search terms:
- software GUI (24)
- good software gui (2)
- backup free for windows 2003 (1)
- free windows 2003 backup software (1)
- free backup software windows 2003 (1)
- free backup software for windows (1)
- free backup software for win 2003 (1)
- free backup for windows 2008 (1)
- comodo backup windows server 2008 (1)
- comodo antivirus for windows server 2003 (1)