Offline NT is a free opensource Linux based tool that can be used to reset the password of a Windows User Account be it an ordinary user or an Administrator account. Needless to remind of the times when you forget your password and decide to format you Windows opreating system. Offline NT Password & Registry Editor supports Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista.
Offline NT is very simple to use and doesn’t need any big technical knowledge. All you need to do is download the CD ISO image and create a CD or create a bootable USB (if supported by your PC) or create a Floppy Disk and boot with it. Offline NT cannot work online as it needs to mount the SAM database online and edit it manually.
To reset the password,
1. Boot with the Offline NT Boot CD or Floppy or the USB disk.
2. Once booted with the CD, it scans for the hard disk partitions and prompts you to select the partition that contains the Windows Operating System installed. A trick is to remember the size of your Windows partition (mostly C:) as the paritions are prompted in unix format as
but does show the size of the partitions.
3. This will now prompt you to select the action you want to perform. Select the option to edit the SAM database.
4. Now, will prompt you to select the user account. Select the appropriate user.
5. Now will prompt to reset the password with new one or to clear the password. Safer option would be to clear the password (blank)
5. Confirm the changes and once done, will prompt you to remove the CD or Floppy or USB and restart your computer using (CTRL+ALT+DEL).
Of you go…the password would have been reset and you can set it to what you need.
Simple and easy ins’t it??? For more information and download, click here
Incoming search terms:
- Offline NT Password Changer (52)
- how to use offline nt password & registry editor (30)
- online nt password & registry editor (14)
- offline nt password & registry editor tutorial (14)
- nt password reset usb (12)
- how to reset user account in windows 7 (12)
- offline password changer (11)
- reset user accounts windows 7 (10)
- how to reset windows 7 user account (10)
- nt offline password (3)