Microsoft has a free Internet Connectivity evaluation tool that you can use to test your internet connectivity status and what features apart from the basic connectiviy that your router which connects you to Internet provides.
This is quite useful tool and unfortunately only on Internet Explorer browser. It installs as a browser addon and runs from the browser so no installation is required.
The checks the tool performs are as follows:
1. Basic Conenctivity test (connect to a Microsoft server)
2. Network Address Translation (NAT) test – check ths NAT capabilities of the router. This is more for IPv6 applications which may not necessarily require support on for IPv6
3. Traffic Congestion Tests – Typically checks for packet losses
4. TCP High performance test – checks Window scaling capabilities of the routers
5. UPnP Support test – when hosts behind NATed routers try to communicate through the UPnP service. This requires UPnP service running locally on the system
6. Multiple Simultaneous connection test – creates 80 HTTP connections to remote servers and keeps alive for over 2 minutes to check the routers reliability.
Finally, when the checks are run and complete, provides a detailed report of the checks and the corresponding results.
Click here to visit the Microsoft online Internet Connection Evaluation test.
Incoming search terms:
- internet connectivity evaluation tool (2245)
- internet connectivity evaluation tool windows 7 (459)
- microsoft internet connectivity evaluation tool (287)
- internet connectivity evaluation tool for windows 7 (70)
- internet connectivity evaluation tool win7 (59)
- windows internet connectivity evaluation tool (44)
- internet connectivity evaluation tool microsoft (43)
- connectivity evaluation tool windows 7 (43)
- windows 7 internet connectivity evaluation tool (43)
- internet connection evaluation tool (39)