System Explorer is an enhanced Taskmanager that provides detailed information about running processes, startup programs, IE add-ons (BHOs), drivers, services network connections, system resources and more. It also keeps track of a history of processes that were started, and allows you to create file and registry snapshots that can be compared to analyze system changes in detail. System Explorer integrates online lookups into the right click menu for any process, driver or service, allowing you to retrieve additional information (and virus checking) from online sources including Google.
- Detailed informations about Tasks, Processes, Startups, IE Addons, Uninstallers, Windows, Services, Drivers, Connections and Opened Files
- Easy check of suspicious files via VirusTotal service.
- Easy search details about file/process via online databases
- Easy access to System Utilities
- Performance graphs for monitoring usage of system resources in time
- Action History for monitoring processes activities
- Making of System Snapshots for easy finding of system changes.
- Multiple language support (English, Espanol, Deutsch, Portuguese, Japanese)
Download System Explorer from here
After downloading latest version you need to double click on .exe file to install after end of the installation you will prompt for you want to start system explorer at system startup select yes.
Once it opens you should see similar to the following screen
If you want to replace Task Manager with system explorer follow this procedure
You need to go to Options—>Replace Task Manager
This is really great tool and very useful for your windows XP/Vista