If you are using a Dial-Up connection and experience the following error while dialing
Error 650: Remote Access Server is not responding
The main reason could be that the wait time for the modem is not enough for handshake.
A simple resolution to fix this problem is as follows:
In Windows 9x/Me,
1. Open My Computer, Dial-up Networking then right-click the Dialup connection icon and select properties.
2. Under the “General” tab insert 4 commas after the phone number, and click on “OK”.
In Windows 2000,
1. Click Start – Settings – Networking and Dialup Connections.
2. Right-click the Connection icon and select properties.
3. Under the General tab, insert 4 commas after the Phone number and click OK.
In Windows XP,
1. Click Start – Connect To – Show All connections.
2. Right-click the Dialup connection icon and select Properties.
3. In the General tab, enter 4 commas after the Phone number that you wish to dial and click OK.
This should fix the problem.
Incoming search terms:
- error 650 (2)
- The Remote Access server is not responding (2)
- error 650 windows 7 (2)
- apache 2 4 not responding remote (1)
- windows 8 error 650 (1)
- server not responding for remote access (1)
- server is not responding (1)
- remote access not responding (1)
- networking error: Server not responding (1)
- how to resolve error 650 (1)