When you click an HTML link to a Microsoft Office file (such as a Microsoft Word or Excel document), Internet Explorer may open the file in Internet Explorer, instead of opening the file in the appropriate Office program. This may occur if Internet Explorer is configured to host documents for Office programs that are installed on the computer. By default, Internet Explorer is configured to host documents for Office programs.
To configure Internet Explorer to open Office files in the appropriate Office program by using the Folder Options tool
Open My Computer and On the Tools menu click Folder Options.
Click the File Types tab.In the Registered file types list, click the specific Office document type (for example, Microsoft Word ), and then click Advanced .
In the Edit File Type dialog box, click to clear the Browse in same window check box .
Click OK 2 times.
Using FileTypesMan Utility
FileTypesMan is an alternative to the ‘File Types’ tab in the ‘Folder Options’ of Windows. It displays the list of all file extensions and types registered on your computer. For each file type, the following information is displayed: Type Name, Description, MIME Type, Perceived Type, Flags, Browser Flags, and more.FileTypesMan also allows you to easily edit the properties and flags of each file type, as well as it allows you to add, edit, and remove actions in a file type.
Download FileTypesMan Utility From Here
Now you need to Unzip the archive and run FileTypesMan.exe
Once it opens you should see similar to the following screen
Double-click the office file extension for which you want to enable or disable browser integration and now you need to check the box next to “Don’t open inside a Web browser window” option and click ok
Incoming search terms:
- open excel in ie (40)
- how to configure internet explorer to open office documents in the appropriate office program instead of in internet explorer (36)
- open word in ie (25)
- how to configure internet explorer to open office documents in internet explorer (22)
- open excel in browser windows 7 (21)
- open excel in internet explorer (18)
- don\t open excel in internet explorer (18)
- open word in internet explorer (17)
- open word document in browser windows 7 (17)
- open word document in internet explorer windows 7 (16)