Internet Explorer 7 and Internet Explorer 8 can alert when a feed is discovered by playing a sound. This can be a new feed on a website that you visit or an update to a subscribed rss feed (IE8 only)
To enable the alerts
1. Open Internet Explorer. Click Tools
2. Click “Internet Options” – Content
3. Click Settings under Feeds
4. In Internet Explorer 8(Beta), check the option “Play sound when a feed or webslice is found for a webpage”
In Internet Explorer 7, check the option “Play a sound when a feed found for a webpage”
5. In addition Internet Explorer 8(Beta) feature to alert when a feed is updated. Check “Play a sound when a monitored feed or webslice is updated” to enable this alert.