This tutorial will explain How do you make private browsing mode default for all users in IE8
Create a shortcut to launch the browser InPrivate mode by default
Right-click on Desktop, Click New -> Shortcut
Type – “%ProgramFiles%Internet Exploreriexplore” -private and click Next.
Type in a name of your choice for the shortcut, eg. “Internet Explorer Private” and click Finish.
Using this shortcut will launch the browser InPrivate mode, allowing you to surf the web without worrying about your privacy.
For windows domain users
I assume that you have a windows domain – so take a policy, apply it to the OU with the users in question and add a logon script at user config – Policies – windows settings – Scripts – doubleclick Logon. To add it, click add, don’t enter a name, select browse ->the policy folder opens up. In that folder create a batchfile (textfile saved as privatebrowsing.bat) containing the lines
copy servershareOpenprivateSession.lnk “%appdata%MicrosoftWindowsStart MenuProgramsOpenprivateSession.lnk” /y
copy servershareOpenprivateSession.lnk “%appdata%MicrosoftInternet ExplorerQuick LaunchOpenprivateSession.lnk” /y
save it and select it. Done
For normal desktop users
Open gpedit.msc locally, you find the local policies there and they are applied to all users.
Incoming search terms:
- how to make in private browsing default (118)
- how to make inprivate browsing default (58)
- make inprivate browsing default (24)
- set inprivate browsing as default (9)
- how to set inprivate browsing as default (8)
- how to set default private browsing on internet explorer xp (3)
- how to set all the browsing to permanently in private (2)
- ie in private browsing default how (2)
- how to set inprivate browsing as the default (2)
- how to set private browsing in explorer with windows 8 (2)