Internet Explorer Error Reporting reports crashes to Microsoft everytime the browser crashes, most of the time due to an addon or a browser extension. Mostly, we would not want to send the info to microsoft and click “Dont send” in which case this can be quite annoying.
Internet Explorer Error reporting can be disabled from the registry.
To disable, try the following:
NOTE: This should work in Internet Explorer 5.5,6 & 7
1. Click Start – Run, type REGEDIT and click OK.
2. In the registry editor, navigate to,
3. Create a DWORD called “IEWatsonEnabled” and set its value as 0.
NOTE: 1. To create a DWORD, right-click on the right pane and select New and then DWORD and name it as said.
2. To set the value, right-click the DWORD and select Modify
4. Similarly create another DWORD named “IEWatsonDisabled” and set is value as 1.
5. Close the Windows Registry Editor and restart the computer for the changes to take effect.
This will disable error reporting in Internet Explorer.
Incoming search terms:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer: disable sending error reports (88)
- microsoft internet explorer disable sending error reports (20)
- 2 \Microsoft Internet Explorer: disable sending error reports\ (1)
- windows 2008 disable error reporting registry (1)
- turn off IE error reporting (1)
- internet explorer how to disable send to microsoft (1)
- internet explorer disable reporting (1)
- IEWatsonEnabled (1)
- iewatson (1)
- how to turoff internet error report (1)