Autocomplete in Internet Explorer is a feature which allows the browser to remember the previous entered web form entries like website addresses in the addressbar and help you complete the form (again address bar for example) based on the few characters you typed in.
This is a great feature that comes handy when you are browsing consistently multiple websites or intranet or extranet resources. In Internet Explorer 5 & 6 this is enabled by default but not so in Internet Explorer 7.
To enable or disable Auto complete in Internet Explorer, please try the following:
1. Open Internet Explorer, click Tools – Internet Options
2. Click Advanced tab. Scroll down to the option
“Use inline AutoComplete”
and check or uncheck the option to enable or disable the feature respectively.
4. Click Apply and OK. Restart Internet Explorer and should see the AutoComplete working.
For more information and official documentation from Microsoft, click here
Sounds a great tip??? Didn’t like it? Please give me 10 seconds and leave me a comment!!!
Incoming search terms:
- enable autocomplete ie8 (33)
- how to enable autocomplete in ie8 (19)
- autocomplete internet explorer 8 (15)
- disable autocomplete internet explorer 8 (12)
- autocomplete in internet explorer 8 (12)
- how to disable autocomplete in internet explorer 8 (10)
- ie8 autocomplete turn on (10)
- how to enable autofill in internet explorer 8 (9)
- ie8 autocomplete enable (9)
- internet explorer 8 autocomplete (9)