By resetting Internet Explorer settings, you return it to the state it was in when it was first installed on your computer. This is useful for troubleshooting problems that might be caused by settings that were changed after installation. When you restore Internet Explorer’s default settings, some webpages that rely on previously stored cookies, form data, passwords, or previously installed browser add-ons might not work correctly. Resetting Internet Explorer to its default settings does not delete your favourites, feeds, and a few other personalized settings. See the table below for a complete list of all settings and information about whether they are reset or maintained.
Resetting Internet Explorer’s settings is not reversible. After a reset, all previous settings are lost and cannot be recovered. Rather than resetting everything, you might want to reset specific settings or delete your webpage history.
To reset Internet Explorer settings use the following procedure
You need to make sure you have Closed any Internet Explorer or Windows Explorer windows that are currently open.
Open Internet Explorer and Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.
In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
When Internet Explorer finishes restoring the settings, click Close, and then click OK.Close Internet Explorer.
Your changes will take effect the next time you open Internet Explorer.
Incoming search terms:
- how to reset internet explorer in windows xp (10)
- reset internet explorer xp (9)
- reset internet explorer settings windows xp (6)
- reset internet explorer windows xp (6)
- Reset ie xp (4)
- how to reset internet explorer xp (4)
- how to reset internet explorer windows xp (3)
- how to reset ie in xp (3)
- how to reset ie xp (2)
- resetting Internet Explorer settings you return it to the state it was in when it was first installed on your computer This is useful for troubleshooting problems that might be caused by settings that were changed after installation When you delete person (2)