Error “Windows has blocked this software because it cannot verify the publisher” when you try to access a website which tries to install addons or run executables like installation CAB files.
By default Internet Explorer disable running unsigned ActiveX controls. Unsigned activeX controls are programs that tries to execute a command on your PC, like CAB install files or a ZIP file which do not have a digital signature.
While this is an important security measure on the Internet Explorer browser, if you are sure that the website is a trusted one then you can temporarily disable this security feature to get the website run the required ActiveX and later on re-enable the security.
To disable this feature,
1. Open internet explorer, click Tools – Internet Options.
2. Click the Security tab – Custom Level button.
Under ActiveX ensure the following are set to enabled
Run ActiveX and plug-ins – Enabled
Download Signed ActiveX Control – Enabled
Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting – Enabled
Set the following to “Prompt”
Download unsigned ActiveX Control – Prompt
Initialize and script ActiveX controls not mark as safe – Prompt
3. Click OK and Apply and OK. Restart the browser.
You should now be able to run the ActiveX control on the website. As I said earlier, please ensure that you have the above to what it was before.
Incoming search terms:
- windows has blocked this software because it can\t verify the publisher (3967)
- windows has blocked this software (1655)
- NetVideoActiVex_V23 cab (1325)
- netvideoactivex_v23 cab download (885)
- windows has blocked this software because it (560)
- windows has blocked this software because it can\t verify the publisher ie8 (521)
- windows has blocked this software because it cant verify the publisher (504)
- windows has blocked this software because it cannot verify the publisher (347)
- windows has blocked this software because (260)
- windows has blocked (229)