When you try to get IIS web site (ASP.NET) to prompt for a download of a Microsoft Access .MDB file but the web keeps sending a “This type of page is not served” error
Server Error in ‘/test/manuals’ Application.
This type of page is not served.
Description: The type of page you have requested is not served because it has been explicitly forbidden. The extension ‘.mdb’ may be incorrect. Please review the URL below and make sure that it is spelled correctly.
The issue is with ISAPI extensions. IIS 6.0 is trying to execute the .mdb file rather than just download it.
Stop IIS, and right click on the Default Web Site and select Properties.
Select the “Home Directory” tab, and select “Configuration” option.
Under ‘Mappings’ tab, you will see a list of ISAPI extensions. If .mdb is selected in there, Remove it. Apply and Restart IIS.
Incoming search terms:
- this type of page is not served mdb (15)
- mdb mime type (12)
- iis mdb download (11)
- The type of page you have requested is not served because it has been explicitly forbidden The extension \ mdb\ may be incorrect Please review the URL below and make sure that it is spelled correctly (8)
- mdb couldn\t be downloaded (5)
- unable to download mdb file (5)
- mime type mdb (3)
- iis6 allow mdb (2)
- unable to download mdb from iis7 (2)
- mdb files couldn\t download in asp net (2)