One of the useful features of Microsoft Outlook is the Autocomplete. Everytime a new email address is used for the first time, this gets cached and outlook will highlight the email address next time. Outlook holds this in a cache file under your profile. Should you move to a new PC or a different profile, all you need to do is copy this file onto the new PC under the same location.
The file is located under
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\
The folder C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\ is hidden and hence choose to show hidden files under “Folder Options”.
Once into the folder look for the file with the extension “NK2″. This filename will be “outlookprofilename.NK2″. For instance, on my PC, outlook profile name is “outlook” and hence the file name is “outlook.NK2″
Simple, copy the file onto your new PC under the same location. If the Outlook profile name is different, renaming the file to the new outlook profile name will help.
Incoming search terms:
- outlook autocomplete cache (50)
- outlook cache file (48)
- outlook name cache (42)
- how to transfer outlook cached email addresses (30)
- copy outlook cache (27)
- outlook email cache file location (23)
- how to copy outlook cached email address (20)
- copy outlook cached email address (19)
- outlook name cache file (17)
- copy outlook autocomplete cache (16)