When you try to change the Hosts file or the Lmhosts file in Microsoft Windows Vista, you may receive an error message that resembles either of the following.
Error message 1
Access to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\ hosts was denied
Error message 2
Cannot create the C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts file.
Make sure that the path and file name are correct.
Incoming search terms:
- windows 7 hosts file access denied (28)
- hosts file access denied (14)
- windows 7 edit hosts file access denied (11)
- hosts file access (2)
- access denied on etc/hosts file on windows XP (2)
- hosts access denied (2)
- how to edit host file access denaid (1)
- how to edit hosts file in windows 8 pro access denied (1)
- how to fix Lmhosts File in xp (1)
- lmhosts file windows 8 (1)