Did you know that Windows by default holds a cache of the temporary internet files for 7 days? This means, when you run Windows Disk Cleanup utility the temporary internet files for the last seven days will not be cleaned up.
While this for sure is not a show stopper, it certainly is an annoyance. As ever, Windows registry is the place to look at and you can actually increase or decrease this caching days.
Incoming search terms:
- disable temporary internet files (29)
- volume cache regedit (5)
- how to disable temporary internet files ssd (5)
- VolumeCaches (3)
- disable temporary internet files windows 7 (2)
- how to stop windows cache temporary files (2)
- stop windows temporary internet files (1)
- TEMPORARILY INTERNT FILES DISABLE REGEDIT (1)
- SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VolumeCaches (1)
- set java cache with regedit (1)