We have already discussed about how to install windows server 2003 domain controller with DNS server setup and DHCP server setup.Now we are going to discuss one more important topic how to create reverse lookup zone.
DNS allows two main types of queries: forward lookups and reverse lookups. A forward lookup searches for an IP address based on a provided host name.
A reverse lookup performs the opposite. It queries DNS for a host name based on an IP address. For example, some e-mail servers perform a reverse DNS lookup on a sending mail server to determine that the host name offered by the remote mail server actually matches the IP address of the SMTP connection attempting to deliver the message.
Incoming search terms:
- reverse lookup zone (124)
- how to configure reverse lookup zone in server 2003 (90)
- dns reverse lookup zone (58)
- create reverse lookup zone (47)
- reverse lookup zones (43)
- how to create reverse lookup zone (41)
- windows dns reverse lookup zone (36)
- create reverse lookup zone windows 2003 (35)
- reverse lookup zone server 2003 (30)
- server 2003 dns reverse lookup zone (29)