Fast user switching is a feature on some modern multi-user operating systems such as Windows XP, Windows Vista. It allows users to switch between user accounts on a single PC without quitting applications and logging out. Analogous functionality was first developed on consumer level hardware by the Xenix operating system which supported multiple virtual consoles.
In Windows XP, fast user switching is unavailable if the computer is on a domain network, thus not a consideration if looking to switch users in a hurry. However, it is available for domain computers starting with Windows Vista.
Incoming search terms:
- HideFastUserSwitching (18)
- 2003 gpo disable fast user switching (1)
- windows vista disable user fast switching (1)
- windows vista disable fast user switching (1)
- vista disable fast user switch (1)
- Hide entry points for Fast User Switching in Wondows server 2008 (1)
- gpo remove switch user (1)
- fast user switching windows 8 (1)
- fast user switching windows 7 (1)
- fast user switching windows 2008 (1)