Fast user switching is a feature on some modern multi-user operating systems such as Windows XP, Windows Vista. It allows users to switch between user accounts on a single PC without quitting applications and logging out. Analogous functionality was first developed on consumer level hardware by the Xenix operating system which supported multiple virtual consoles.
In Windows XP, fast user switching is unavailable if the computer is on a domain network, thus not a consideration if looking to switch users in a hurry. However, it is available for domain computers starting with Windows Vista.
Incoming search terms:
- disable fast user switching server 2008 (1)
- server 2008 enable fast user switching (1)
- Process 312 (\Device\HarddiskVolume2\Windows\System32\svchost exe) has opened key \REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-21-2500838457-3385210157-2117476720-1001\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall (1)
- how to enable fast user switching (1)
- how to disable fast user switching in windows 2008 server (1)
- HideFastUserSwitching (1)
- fast user switching xp multiple consoles (1)
- fast user switching registry (1)
- Enable/Disable Fast User Switching In Windows 7 (1)
- enable switch user trong win server 2008 (1)