Fast user switching is a feature on some modern multi-user operating systems such as Windows XP, Windows Vista. It allows users to switch between user accounts on a single PC without quitting applications and logging out. Analogous functionality was first developed on consumer level hardware by the Xenix operating system which supported multiple virtual consoles.
In Windows XP, fast user switching is unavailable if the computer is on a domain network, thus not a consideration if looking to switch users in a hurry. However, it is available for domain computers starting with Windows Vista.
Incoming search terms:
- HideFastUserSwitching (18)
- windows vista disable fast user switching (1)
- windows 7 disable user switching (1)
- impossible de créer la hidefastuserswitching gpo domain (1)
- how to disable switch user server 2008 (1)
- 2003 gpo disable fast user switching (1)
- gpo remove switch user (1)
- fast user switching xp group policy 2003 (1)
- fast user switching windows 8 (1)
- disable fast user switching windows 2008 (1)