For an administrator to admin a server which is Active Directoty domain controller like install/unistall software or stop/restart services, as on any other member server, the admin should be a Domain Administrator. However, this can be worked around.
The following procedure will allow you to make a standard Administrator and admin on the domain controller server wherein he can perform day to day administrations without any permissions to alter Active Directory like adding or deleting users.
Incoming search terms:
- non domain admin access domain controller (4)
- how to make a user a domain administrator in active directory domain (2)
- logon dc not domain admin (2)
- non-admin login to domain controller (1)
- non domain admin logon to domain controller (1)
- non domain admin logon to 2008 domain controller (1)
- non admins install updates on dc (1)
- install updates on domain controller (1)
- adding non-domain user to domain security group (1)
- how to make a user a domain administrator (1)