For an administrator to admin a server which is Active Directoty domain controller like install/unistall software or stop/restart services, as on any other member server, the admin should be a Domain Administrator. However, this can be worked around.
The following procedure will allow you to make a standard Administrator and admin on the domain controller server wherein he can perform day to day administrations without any permissions to alter Active Directory like adding or deleting users.
Incoming search terms:
- how to make a user a domain administrator in active directory domain (2)
- logon dc not domain admin (2)
- logon to domain controller without domain admin (1)
- make somone an administraor of a domain controller (1)
- non adminstrator log on to 2008 domain controller (1)
- non-admin login into domain controller (1)
- non-domain admin account bind to domain (1)
- shutdown windows domain controller with a non domain admin account (1)
- windows 7 add non domain user (1)
- access windows 2008 domain controller non domain admin account (1)