Internet Explorer 8 hosts a cheeky little security feature called Domain Highlighting. This is a simple feature which highlights the Top Level Domain of a website in black while greying out the rest of the website link.
A Top Level Domain is the primary domain name of any site which can have any number of Subdomains. highlighting the Top Level Domain of a website in the address bar always ensures that the user is always aware of site he is in. This is very important when it comes to secured sites like your online banking website or a site like Paypal where the information you enter (anything from a access username and password to account & creditcard informations) is critical.
Incoming search terms:
- domain highlighting (14)
- what is domain highlighting (10)
- domain highlighting ie8 (4)
- parts of address bar grayed out (2)
- windows 8 domain not highlighted (2)
- ie8 url greyed out (2)
- windows 8 internet explorer domain (1)
- prohibit ie8 does not use domain login (1)
- wrong domain in internet explorer (1)
- internet explorer url partially greyed out (1)