If you are a Proxy Administrator in an organisation, one of the most common problems with users and their Internet Explorer browsers is the “Bypass proxy” settings and how they work. This article should bring some light on proxy bypass.
When click Tools – Internet Options – Connections – LAN Settings on your Internet Explorer, you can see “Proxy Server” settings where you enter the IP/Hostname of the proxy server and the port number on which it listens on. This is the host to which all browser requests will be forwarded to. This helps improve performance from caching the pages or objects where necessary and these days proxies are evolving from just being a caching appliance to a more Internet Access Control devices.
Incoming search terms:
- bypass proxy server for local addresses (735)
- bypass proxy for local addresses (100)
- what does bypass proxy server for local addresses mean (94)
- bypass proxy server for local addresses meaning (83)
- what is bypass proxy server for local addresses (55)
- bypass proxy server (49)
- bypass proxy server for local address (47)
- ie proxy exceptions (30)
- internet explorer proxy exceptions (29)
- internet explorer bypass proxy for local addresses (28)