If you have multiple subnets in your network, and do not have a DHCP server on every subnet, determine whether your current routers relay DHCP/BOOTP messages.
If your routers cannot be used for DHCP/BOOTP relay, set up a DHCP/BOOTP relay agent on at least one computer running Windows Server 2003 on each subnet. The DHCP/BOOTP relay agent relays DHCP and BOOTP message traffic between the DHCP-enabled clients on the local network and a remote DHCP server located on another physical network by using the IP address of the remote DHCP server.
Incoming search terms:
- windows 2008 dhcp relay (19)
- dhcp relay windows 2003 (14)
- dhcp relay windows 2008 (12)
- windows 2003 DHCP relay (11)
- multiple subnets on windows 2003 dc (11)
- dhcp relay agent windows 2003 (9)
- windows 7 dhcp relay agent (6)
- windows server 2008 dhcp relay (6)
- windows 2008 dhcp relay agent (5)
- dhcp relay agent windows 2008 (4)