Windows XP uses a new streamlined method of sharing files, called ‘simple file sharing,’ by default. This method is similar to the system used with Windows 9x/ME in that it does not check user credentials before allowing access to the share. The only option you can specify is whether remote users have the ability to change the share by adding editing or deleting files.
If you desire more security for your shares, you can revert to the higher security method of sharing files used in Windows 2000. This allows you to specify whether individual users on your system are allowed to access each share, and whether they can change the shared data or only read and copy it.
Incoming search terms:
- Use Simple File Sharing (5)
- simple file sharing xp (3)
- Simple File Sharing Windows XP (3)
- simple file sharing windows 8 (2)
- Windows Simple File Sharing отключение (1)
- Use simple files sharing Windows XP Home (1)
- Use simple files sharing (1)
- box simple share для записи видео (1)
- Simple file sharing Win XP (1)
- how to disable simple file sharing windows 8 (1)