One of the least looked at security feature in Windows is the last login name. When you login on your Windows PC (either standalone or a Domain attached PC), it can display the last logged in user. This can be a security issue especially in a domain attached environment.
This can be disabled from the Local Security Policy snap-in or from Windows Registry.
Incoming search terms:
- disable last login name (10)
- disable last login windows xp (4)
- disable Display last logon (3)
- login retain last user name (2)
- windows xp logon name (2)
- last logon name disappears in windows 8 (2)
- xp disable last logon (2)
- win7 lastlogon (1)
- win XP report local users last login (1)
- turn off showing last logon (1)