When you try to change the Hosts file or the Lmhosts file in Microsoft Windows Vista, you may receive an error message that resembles either of the following.
Error message 1
Access to C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\ hosts was denied
Error message 2
Cannot create the C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts file.
Make sure that the path and file name are correct.
Incoming search terms:
- windows 7 hosts file access denied (28)
- hosts file access denied (12)
- windows 7 edit hosts file access denied (10)
- access denied hosts file windows 7 (9)
- access to c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts was denied (7)
- access denied for hosts file windows 7 (7)
- edit hosts file windows 7 access denied (6)
- hosts file access denied windows 7 (6)
- how to edit host file in windows 7 access is denied (6)
- access denied hosts file (5)