Windows XP Professional PCs which are not connected to Active Directory Domains will thereby not be controlled by central domain controller. This is a classic example for a Small business where there may ot may not be a System Administrator and PCs can be shared by multiple users. However, Windows XP Professional security can be configured with Local Security Policies just as the PC is connected and controlled by the Domain Controller.
Microsoft releases Windows XP Security Guide Tools and Templates packages which can be downloaded for free from here. This has different Security Templates that can be applied to the PCs. There are high security minimal functionality templates which can be very restrictive. So care has to be taken before applying these templates.
However, there are two security templates that provide not so restrictive but useful security settings.
Incoming search terms:
- windows xp security guide tools and templates msi (24)
- windows xp security guide tools and templates (4)
- how to unlock local security policy windows xp (3)
- windows xp stand alone (3)
- XP Windows Professional standalone PC 1 only user (2)
- security options local policy windows xp pro (2)
- windows xp download local security policy (1)
- windows xp pro local security settings (1)
- window xp local policy (1)
- windows xp local security policy password (1)