In Windows XP, by default there is a delay in displaying the Start Menu when you click the Start Menu. This is a delay induced by purpose to allow Mouse Response times. However, the default delay time might just prove a bit too long and make you feel Windows is slow.
To speed up the Windows Start Menu, edit the value of the Registry Key and set a lower valus which suits your need. Beware, setting it to “0″ will be too quick for your mouse to respond.
Incoming search terms:
- yhs-affiliate_a (20)
- speed up start menu windows 7 (17)
- speed up windows menu speed (2)
- xp sp3; slow mouse responses; shell; value (1)
- tweaking start up menu win xp (1)
- tweaking windows 7 menu speed (1)
- windows 7 delay in response to internet (1)
- windows 7 tweaks speed startmenu (1)
- windows 8 desktop menu speed (1)
- xp tweaks speed up start menu (1)