When you try to visit the Windows Update Web site, you receive the following error message
0x8ddd0007 You need to restart your computer to finish installing a program or updates. You cannot view or get other updates from the site until you restart.
This problem occurs because of an incorrect value in a registry entry.
Restart the computer. Then, try again to visit the Windows Update Web site.
Delete the RebootRequired registry entry. To do this, follow these steps
Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
Locate the following registry subkey from left pane
Right-click the RebootRequired registry entry, click Delete, and then click OK to confirm.
Restart the computer, and then try again to visit the Windows Update Web site.
Note:- Make sure that you back up the registry before you modify it.
Incoming search terms:
- 0x8ddd0007 (85)
- 0x8ddd0007 windows update (42)
- 8ddd0007 (25)
- 0x8ddd0007 error windows update (16)
- windows update error 0x8ddd0007 (15)
- you need to restart your computer to finish installing a program or updates you cannot view or get other updates from the site until you restart (14)
- Fix for Windows 8 (13)
- 0x8ddd0007 error (12)
- error 8ddd0007 (11)
- error number 0x8ddd0007 windows update (11)