The program wsusutil.exe removes updates that WSUS has not deployed for over a month.
To remove old updates from the WSUS database follow this procedure
- Login As a local administrator, access the distribution server.
- Stop the WSUS Web site in Internet Information Services (IIS). To do so, open IIS from Administrative Tools, navigate to the WSUS Administration Web site, right-click the Web site, and click Stop.
- Open a Command Prompt window and change folders to %drive%\Program Files\Update Services\Tools.
- Type the following:
After the command has completed successfully, restart the WSUS Administration Web site. To do so, right-click the Web site in IIS and click Start.
Incoming search terms:
- wsus delete old updates (16)
- wsus old update (6)
- deleteunneededrevisions missing (5)
- clear old database from wsus in windows 2008 r2 (4)
- wsus how to delete old updates (3)
- how to delete old updates from wsus (3)
- program files update services (3)
- deleteunneededrevisions (3)
- wsusutil exe deleteunneededrevisions (3)
- Removing old updates from WSUS (2)