HyperTerminal is no longer part of Windows. There are several options you can use to replace its functionality.
- If you only need remote shell access, you can use WinRS (Windows Remote Shell), new in Windows Vista. To get help with WinRS, type winrs /? at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.
- Telnet is a simple, text-based program that you can use to connect to another computer over the Internet.
- If you previously used HyperTerminal to troubleshoot modem problems, use Phone and Modem Options instead
- Open Phone and Modem Options by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Hardware and Sound, and then clicking Phone and Modem Options.
Note:-You might need to provide information, such as your country or region and any special phone dialing rules, in the Location Information dialog box before you can access the Phone and Modem Options dialog box.
- Realterm is a terminal program specially designed for capturing, controlling and debugging binary and other difficult data streams. It is far better for debugging comms than Hyperterminal. It has no support for dialing modems, BBS etc – that is what hyperterminal does.Download Realterm from here
You can use tera term for alternative to HyperTerminal
Download teraterm from here
Use Absolute Telnet program Download from here
If you want (or just because you get used to it) you can still use old XP Hyper terminal. Just extract two files hypertrm.dll and hypertrm.exe. You can put them anywhere on the disk, no installation required. Of course, for that you need to have XP to extract files from.
Download and install latest version of putty from here
Incoming search terms:
- hyperterminal windows 7 (457)
- hyperterminal windows 7 скачать (283)
- hyperterminal alternative windows 7 (134)
- hyperterminal for windows 7 (93)
- realterm windows 7 (73)
- hyperterminal windows 7 alternative (65)
- windows 7 hyperterminal alternative (60)
- hyperterminal alternatives for windows 7 (48)
- hyper terminal windows 7 (45)
- hiper terminal windows 7 (42)