The default Power Management options in Windows 7 Beta turns off the Hard Disk after 20mins. This could cause problems when the PC comes out of sleep mode or hibernation.
To work around the problem set the Power Options for the Hrd Disk to never turn off. To do this
1. Click Start – Control Panel – System and Security – Power Options
2. Click “Change Plan Settings” on the “Balanced (recomended)”
3. Click “Change Advanced power settings”
4. Under the “Turn Off Hard Disk after” option change the timing to “0″ which should set it to Never. Click Apply and OK.
This should help!
Incoming search terms:
- power options windows 7 (22)
- hard disk power options (2)
- windows 7 power management turn off hard disk (1)
- windows 7 power management more power options hdd (1)
- windows 7 hard disk power (1)
- windows 7 default mode (1)
- windows 7 crashes restoring from sleep (1)
- windows 7 crashes after sleep mode (1)
- windows 7 change power settings to never sleep in registry (1)
- win7 power options (1)