In my windows 7 machine Print spooler hangs with HP 1600 for some reason
Solution to fix
Uncheck Enable Bidirectional on the Ports tab of the printer properties on the machine sharing the printer. The HP language monitor needs access to a resource that only the local administrator has. When you restart the spooler the jobs are scheduled in system context rather than the users context.
When you installed the printer, the driver default is Enabled. This solution has worked since Server 2003. HP fixed the issue with high end Laser devices but some drivers never got updated but new drivers for the new printers have the fix.
Incoming search terms:
- windows 7 print spooler hangs (23)
- windows 7 devices and printers hangs hotfix (17)
- print spooler hangs windows 7 (16)
- application hangs when printing windows 7 (12)
- printing freezes windows 7 (11)
- printer hangs windows 7 (10)
- windows 7 devices and printers hangs (9)
- windows 7 printing hangs (9)
- spooler hangs windows 7 (8)
- windows 7 hangs when printing (8)