To install a different language – Multilingual User Interface (MUI) – you need to have Windows 7 Ultimate.
Anytime Upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate
Type Anytime Upgrade in the Search programs and files box in the Start menu and click on the Windows Anytime Upgrade icon. From there, you can buy an Anytime Upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate. Then your can enter your Anytime Upgrade product key and perform a simple upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate so you can install a different language.
If you are in Australia, Belgium, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, the UK, and the US you can use Anytime Upgrade. If not you will need to buy Windows 7 Ultimate, or buy Windows 7 in the language you need.
Install Language Pack in Windows 7 Ultimate
1. Start -> All Programs –> Windows Update –> Optional Updates.
2. Open optional Updates and go to the section Windows 7 Language Packs.
3. Tick the Language Pack you want and hit OK
4. Proceed with Install Updates
5. Depiction of Windows 7 downloading a Language Pack
6. Automatic install initiated after download
How to change the Windows 7 Display Language:
1. Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Clock, Language, and Region / Change the display language
2. Switch the display language in the Choose a display language dropdown menu.
3. Click OK
4. Log off for the changes to take effect (This will affect only the user profile under which you are currently logged on).
Download and install Vistalizator
This tool allows you to change display language in Windows editions other than (officially supported) Ultimate, like Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium and Business/Professional.
* Works in 32-bit and 64-bit Windows Vista/Windows 7
* Change Windows display language in less than 5 minutes! (Express installation mode)
* Uses official Microsoft Windows language packs
* You can install all 36 MUI languages and switch between them easily
* You can install 55 Vista LIP languages on top of specific MUI languages
* Compatible with Vista Service Pack 1 and Vista Service Pack 2
* User Account Control (UAC) compliant – prompts for administrative privileges
* Windows Speech Recognition works with all supported languages:
Chinese, English, French, German, Japanese and Spanish
* Languages can be installed either in Internal or in Express mode, see details
Download Vistalizator from here
Incoming search terms:
- windows 7 home premium change language (51)
- change language windows 7 home premium (44)
- how to switch user in windows 7 home premium gateway (29)
- windows 7 home premium 64 bit change language (21)
- change system language windows 7 (20)
- how to change language in windows 7 home premium (18)
- change system language windows 7 home premium (17)
- windows 7 change system language (17)
- change language windows 7 home premium 64 (15)
- windows 7 home premium 64 bit language change (14)