In Windows 7 and Vista, this means
In Windows XP and earlier, it is
C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\My Documents\My Music\iTunes
There is no direct way to move this to a new drive or a new location but as always not impossible.
To move your iTunes database to a different location,
1. Close iTunes and move the above mentioned default directory (iTunes and every file and subdirectory) to a new location.
2. When done with the copying, press and hold the SHIFT key and click iTunes icon. This should launch iTunes with the option to either Create a new library or choose an existing library.
3. Click “Choose Library”. Locat the new location for the iTunes database and click and choose the file “iTunes Library” and open.
Thats it! Everything is back and business as usual.
Incoming search terms:
- change itunes library location windows 7 (9)
- itunes database location (7)
- change itunes default folder (6)
- how to change itunes default folder (5)
- change itunes default location (5)
- windowreference com (4)
- itunes default directory (4)
- location of itunes database (4)
- change itunes library location (3)
- choose itunes library windows 7 (3)