This tutorial will explain How to clear/remove Recent Documents history in Windows 7
Recent Items listed in the start menu are stored in:
To delete, you can either right-click on Recent Items from the start menu and select Clear recent items list or you can empty the folder from inside Windows Explorer.
Recent items listed in jump lists are stored in:
To delete, empty the folder from inside Windows Explorer, or from the command prompt using
1. Go to Start menu, and type gpedit.msc in the search line and press Enter.
2. If prompted by UAC, click on Continue.
3. Now go to this folder : User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Start Menu and Taskbar.
4. once you got to this folder, you will find ‘Clear history of recently opened documents on exit’ in the right pane, just double click on it.
Incoming search terms:
- how to clear recent documents in windows 7 (318)
- clear recent documents windows 7 (310)
- how to delete recent documents in windows 7 (130)
- clear recent history windows 7 (109)
- how to delete recent history in windows 7 (107)
- clear document history windows 7 (93)
- how to clear document history in windows 7 (93)
- windows 7 clear recent documents (91)
- delete recent documents windows 7 (79)
- how do you delete recent documents in windows 7 (75)