Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows® 7 is a set of remote management tools that you can download and install on computers that are running Windows 7. After you have downloaded the pack, you can install the Administration Tools pack by double-clicking the downloaded package on your computer and then completing the installation wizard.
You can install the Administration Tools pack only on a computer that is running Windows 7.
You should only install Administration Tools to perform administrative tasks on computers that are running either Windows Server® 2008 R2, Windows Server 2008, or Windows Server 2003.
You must be either a member of the Administrators group on the computer on which you want to install the Administration Tools pack, or you must be logged on to the computer by using the built-in Administrator account.
Install the Administration Tools in Windows 7
1.First you need to download remote server administrative tools for windows 7 from here
2. Open the folder into which the package downloaded, and double-click the package to unpack it, and then start the Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 7 Setup Wizard.
Important: You must accept the License Terms and Limited Warranty to start to install the Administration Tools pack.
3. Complete all the steps that you must follow by the wizard, and then click Finish to exit the wizard when installation is completed.
4. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Programs.
5. In the Programs and Features area, click Turn Windows features on or off.
6. If you are prompted by User Account Control to enable the Windows Features dialog box to open, click Continue.
7. In the Windows Features dialog box, expand Remote Server Administration Tools.
8. Select the remote management tools that you want to install.
9. Click OK.
10. Configure the Start menu to display the Administration Tools shortcut, if it is not already there.
• Right-click Start, and then click Properties.
• On the Start Menu tab, click Customize.
• In the Customize Start Menu dialog box, scroll down to System Administrative Tools, and then select Display on the All Programs menu and the Start menu. Click OK. Shortcuts for snap-ins installed by Remote Server Administration Tools for Windows 7 are added to the Administrative Tools list on the Start menu.
Remove the Administration Tools pack in windows 7
1. Click Start, click Control Panel, and then click Uninstall a program in the Programs area.
2. Click View installed updates.
3. Select Update for Microsoft Windows (958830).
4. Click Uninstall.
Incoming search terms:
- remote server administration tools for windows xp (41)
- administrative tools windows 7 (9)
- uninstall administrative tools windows 7 (7)
- administration tools for windows xp (1)
- Installing or Removing the Remote Server Administration Tools Pack on windows 7 (1)
- remote Server Administration Tools xp sp3 (1)
- remote server administration windows 7 -sp1 install (1)
- remove windows admin tools from computer (1)
- rsat windows 7 uninstall (1)
- toolspackin (1)