You can connect to a workplace network or another network by using a virtual private network (VPN) connection. Ask your network administrator for the name of the VPN server before you open the wizard.
Procedure to follow
Open the Connect to a Workplace wizard by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type network, click Network and Sharing Center, click Set up a connection or network, and then click Connect to a workplace.
If you try to connect with a VPN connection and you see a message that says “The local computer does not support encryption” and has the error code 741, it’s possible that the encryption that your computer uses doesn’t match the encryption used by the VPN server. To change the encryption settings so that your computer uses the recommended setting of 3DES, follow these steps:
1. Open Connect to a Network by clicking the network icon (Picture of the wireless network icon or Picture of the wired network icon) in the notification area.
2. Right-click the VPN connection, and then click Properties.
3. Click the Security tab.
4. Under Data encryption, select Maximum strength encryption (disconnect if server declines), and then click OK.
5. Open Connect to a Network by clicking the network icon (Picture of the wireless network icon or Picture of the wired network icon) in the notification area.
6. Click the VPN connection, and then click Connect to try connecting again.
Incoming search terms:
- set up a remote connection to your workplace using vpn (5)
- error 741 vpn windows 7 (4)
- yhse-lavasoft (3)
- how to connect to a workplace network (2)
- connect to workplace windows 7 (2)
- windows connect to a workplace (2)
- how to connect to workplace network (2)
- windows 7 error 741 vpn (1)
- windows 7 vpn error 741 (1)
- windows 8 error 741 (1)